The goal of the Intervention Program is to provide a wide range of support services on a 24-hour basis to survivors of sexual assault and child abuse, in an effort to alleviate some of the trauma these survivors experience. This is accomplished by maintaining the crisis intervention program for use by both immediate and past survivors of these crimes, for their family members and for others in crisis.
Direct services include telephone, information, referrals, advocacy, accompaniment of the survivor through the medical and legal process, in-person counseling, and follow-up. Services are provided in English and Spanish, and are provided by Center staff and trained volunteer/advocates.
- 24-Hour Hotline assistance
- Crisis intervention, Information and referrals
- Accompaniments and advocacy
- Counseling for victims of sexual assault and significant others
- Inservice Trainings for: Law Enforcement, Medical Personnel and Mandated Reporters